CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED... OR CHAIR!


So my little man fell off a chair and broke his arm on Wednesday. At exactly (almost) this time last year Kenedy fell of a chair and broke her right arm in the same place. So this incident felt a little bit like "dejavu".
As Garrett and I are getting ready to jet off to Mexico with my family and the kiddos are staying with Grandma and Grandpa this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I was already feeling a little nervous about leaving them behind and this accident didn't ease the tension I was feeling at all.
For those of you who know Gavin know that he is a pretty tough little guy. He falls a lot and bangs his head even more and it doesn't seem to faze him in the slightest. So as his mother I didn't think too much of his fall off the chair until that next morning when he refused to put any weight on his arm or use it AT ALL!!! He fell on his face numerous times in order to protect his arm. That is when I knew that there must be something wrong with him (DUH)!!!! We then spent our day at insta-care and were informed we had to wait a day to get it casted until the swelling went down. So we made an appointment with Shriner's Hospital and made a visit today to the INCREDIBLE staff there who took great care of my kiddo and made his "ouie" all better. From the moment his arm was casted he was off and running... and yes, trying to climb onto another chair. We don't learn very quickly I guess.
This is just a glimpse of what we will be dealing with in the future. (The broken bones thing is definitely a Welch trait). So in the end it looks a little sad to see a baby with a cast on his arm, but I can say that he is the same rough and tough Gavin that we was two days ago, and this little obstacle has not slowed him down in the least.
Gavin sitting paitiently while the doctors finish his cast.
Flashback to last year when Kenedy broke her right arm in the same place as her little brother.
A happy face while playing with the toys at the Hospital!!

The Elevator ride down on our way out!!!!








10 comments:

Anika said...

Poor thing! He doesn't look like it's holding him back too much though, have fun in Mexico!

Unknown said...

oh, that is sooooo sad! I'm glad that everything is okay though. Have fun in Mexico!

Alison said...

poor baby! he seems too chubby to break bones!

The Bonham Family said...

I can't believe he fell, Poor guy! Im sure G&G will take such great care of your little ones! Have so much fun in Mexico. Im totally jealous! I'll be lucky if I make it to St.George~~~ Love ya! Yes, we would love to see you when you get back.

Megan Andersen said...

Holy Cow! That is too coincidental!! But he sure does look cute with that cast on though! Have fun in Mexico--you guys are always doing fun stuff!!!

Heather said...

Oh how sad!!! Poor little guy :( That is a crazy coincidence! Glad it wasn't worse :) Have so much fun in Mexico!!

Taryn and the boys said...

At first I could only see the first picture and I though hey didn't Kennedy do the same thing. Just had to looks at a few more pictures. Poor little one. But hey now they both have cool cast pictures and no one need be jelous in the future. Hope you had a fun Halloween.

Heath said...

Oh, my goodness. That is such a strange coincidence! So, then on your next child around that same time, put them in a bubble and don't let them climb on anything!

LB said...

That sucks! I hate it when my kids get hurt. I need your digits!

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Poor Gav Man! He is a really tough little boy. Have so much fun in Mexico. The kids will do great, enjoy every moment. Call us when you get home.