CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Children make you want to start life over. ~Muhammad Ali



"While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about."~Angela Schwindt


Feeding the ducks and learning about the earth.

Kite Flying

This year Kenedy has been participating in Joy School, gand as I send her off and bring her home I am realizing that these three year olds are extremely smart, and independent. It has not only been a growing experience for Kenedy and her imagination but for me as well.
Each month I have the opportunity to teach six wonderful kids. I start preparing at least a week before so that I may know all the necessary songs, and have everything ready for projects. But before this all started I listened to a seminar given by the two founders of this program and as they spoke they mentioned that by participating with Joy School you would become a BETTER PARENT! As I listened I thought "Yah, whatever."I can now testify that this is true. I find myself having more patience, doing more activities that go along with the current curriculum, letting them explore and realize that its OK to make a mess and let them figure things out all on their own. I love this program and would recommend it for anyone considering pre-school or something before preschool.
I know a lot of my Excitement for this program comes from three other FANTASTIC mothers who are incredible teachers as well. Kenedy is in good hands when I send her off, and I know the other moms are invested in their children's growing and advancement.
I look forward to many more teaching experiences and lots of reports from sweet Kenedy telling me all about her days at school. You would be surprised how often past lessons come into play in our life ( i.e. As we are buying apples at the store and Kenedy will say " I made applesauce last week with Miss ... and it was so delicious). She will then proceed to tell me how they made it. Or making fall stew and the vegetable she contributed and peeled for the stew. I Love it!!!! Most of all this program teaches that in all things we can have JOY!!
I feel that we as parents could apply that to our everyday lives!!!

Pumpkin carving and Halloween program prep.

Visit to the corn maze, and pumpkin patch with cousins.

My little man just along for the ride.





3 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

I have never heard of Joy School--it sounds fantastic though! I bet you too Ash are awesome with those kiddos!! Your pumpkin patch looks so festive--much more then ours--what is wrong with St. George?!!!

Heath said...

Her face while digging out pumpkin guts looks a little unsure. I'm so glad you're in something like that. I've never heard of the concept but think that would be a really great idea for young preschoolers and their parents. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Jaynann said...

I feel just the same. I have found it come in handy as I teach my kids. It definitely helps you become a better parent. I love it!