CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

* B.O.O.T CAMP*

Most of our girls
*

I just returned from camp this past week and I was truly impressed with the strength and testimonies of our Young Women.
Yes, they are 12+ yrs old, have endless energy, and talk about nothing but boys and music, but put them in a beautiful environment with no ipods, cell phones, boys etc... and these girls show who they are on the inside.
We were spoiled this year because camp was held up in Heber Valley at the church owned property. The girls stayed in cabins with outlets, bathrooms, showers, and electricity. There were a few who thought even those conditions were "roughin it". They have NO IDEA!!!! We will have to show them the true meaning of camp next year! hehehe
The theme for camp was B.O.O.T. CAMP "Building our own testimonies".
As we arrived on Monday we quickly realized that we were one of the smallest wards (made up of 10 Young Woman). Other wards had as many as 40. Don't be deceived though our 1 0 girls had more spunk and spirit than some of the wards with40 plus girls, and we had a fabulous time making up creative cheers and unique skits.
I love being in Young Women's and I absolutely love the girls. They have taught me so much and continue to teach me every single time I am with them. I look forward many, many more great memories.
*

Our hike ended at a beautiful lake where the girls canoed and the leaders were in the paddle boats.

*


*



Cortney our newest beehive showing us her skills on the tight rope (they had to climb this huge tree, and then tight rope across to another tree, and then repel down). She rocked the challenge course.

*


Brainstorming our upcoming cheer

*


*

This is the trail of leaders on the hike just from our ward. I swear there were more leaders than girls this year that came up to camp. It was a blast!!!

*


Waiting patiently for lunch (we were the last ward to be called).

I have much more to tell and show but I am still waiting on a few pic. so I will have to do this in two segments.


1 comments:

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Girls camp is so fun. It gives you a chance to really get to know the girls. It sounds like a good time.