CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Festivities



This weekend was so jam packed I don't know if we will EVER recover, but what a party it was with lots and lots and lots of good food, family and fun!!!!
We started the day at our ward breakfast and parade at 8:00 am. We then met up with my sister Tenille and her family for a fun parade in her in-laws neighborhood. From there we met some friends in Park City to watch a rugby match (his old rugby team Hagis was playing Park City). With sticky hands and faces from cotton candy, suckers, and super sleepy eyes we headed down to my moms house for a BBQ and fireworks in Sandy. After fireworks were over we felt we needed to do a little bit of our own (compliments of Jake and Chelsea). FYI-The fireworks are never as exciting as described on the box. We waited for this huge one to do something totally awesome only to be sorely disappointed by spraying sparks repeated over and over. Oh well!!! We then set up tents in the back yard for a family sleepover complete with a fire pit, burning marsh mellows and lots of talking.
Its not over yet, in the morning we had an awesome breakfast with everyone and packed up all of our gear and headed home for a shower and a nap.
Later that day Tenille invited us to the West Jordan Rodeo.For those of you who know the Williams family know they never quit. They don't get tired and they love to do anything and EVERYTHING! Its always a party when you are with them. So we tagged along for another late evening of sheer entertainment and FUN!!! The kids loved the bull riding, and the clowns, and I loved the "Muttin riding". We finally packed the kiddos in the car around 11:30(after another round of city fireworks) and made our way home. We had a wonderful time celebrating our free, beautiful country with the people we love most. I can't wait to find another excuse to party with you guys again, its always a blast!!!!

6 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

Wow! I got tired just reading that!! How fun though...I bet your kids are pooped. I hope Gavin slept good so you & Garrett could recover too.

Heath said...

I need a nap. Next year invite me k? That sounds so fun! I personally know the Williams and can agree with their level of energy being sky high! I'm so glad you had a fun 4th.

Jer & Cort Smith said...

What a fun weekend. I love this time of year. I hope that Kenedy enjoyed the fireworks as much as Addie did! Talk to you soon.

Heather said...

Looked like so much fun! Especially the camp out in the backyard! What a hoot!

Nat and Jordy said...

What a fun time! Sounds busy but fun! Take a week off to recover! Hope your doing good!

The Bonham Family said...

Sorry Ash that was me I can't figure what is wrong with my pw so Im Nat too!