CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gav's 8 mo. check up



Last week I took Gavin in for his eight month check up and I learned a few new description that I didn't know existed until now.
First let me give you an idea of how well my sweet boy is doing.
Gavin now weighs 21 lbs. and is in the 77%
He is 28 inches long 61%
and here is the kicker...
His head circumference is... 47.7cm. and the percentile they gave to go along with that is >97%
I didn't know that (>) actually existed when measuring your child's progress. I feel like the doctor measured his head and because it is pretty large, as in "off the charts" LARGE he decided to randomly pick a large number and then add a greater that sign in front of it( I know that is not actually what he did, but I sometimes wonder .
When Dr. Pete went over Gavin's progress he simply glided over the head issue by saying "his body has now caught up to his head". I didn't think much of it at the time because I have never though Gavin had a big head. He has always look proportional to his body. I guess I was disillusioned a little bit.
I laughed hysterically all the way home when I looked over his print out not knowing that my child could ever be on the "greater than"side of the percentile spectrum.
For those of you who know my first child Kenedy was and still is in the single digits ( 7% weight or height). so this other end of the spectrum is new territory for me and I must admit I LOVE IT!!!!
Gavin is healthy, happy and full of energy. He just started crawling this week and now that he knows he can get around he is already trying to catch up to his big sister.
We love you Gavin and we look forward to lots of growing and happy smiles.

13 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Gavin is so, so cute! He looks like he always so happy!

TNTWilliams said...

He is seriously so cute. I can't wait to see him crawl.

andy'n'jess said...

Oh Gavin...I just love him. His smile can make any bad day better. Love you!

Heath said...

Ashley-This was so much fun to browse through your blog/life and see your new family and sweet husband. Your kids are so cute and I hear that your daughter is a good friend of Addie's. In fact, don't you get her tonight to watch? We'll have to get together sometime with Cort too and take the kids to a park or the zoo! Let me know what you think. I'll add you to my links so I can keep in touch with you.

The Bonham Family said...

What a cutie! He is a big boy! I bet he makes dad proud! He has such a cute little face!

Megan Andersen said...

What a cutie! Aren't you glad that it is your little boy who's bigger, not your little princess?.

Jaynann said...

So funny. I love that Gav. :)

Anonymous said...

Ash, Gavin is the cutest guy ever. I love him so much. He is so fun to play with dont worry about how much he eats he is a healthy boy. love ya all luv tiff

Kari said...

take it from me, big heads are the best! gotta have enough room for those all those brains! :) definitely must be a boy thing. he sure is a cutie ashley!

Heather said...

Hey Ash!! I was leaving Heather a comment and I found your blog!! I love this! It is so fun to run into such great friends from a while back! You look like you are doing FABULOUS and keeping real busy with your little ones. Your family is absolutely darling!! Keep in touch okay? I will add you to my buddy list so we can check up on eachother okay? Tootles for now! :)
Heather (Jensen) Griffith

Jennifer Phillips said...

How cute, I love it that babies have big heads Seth and I always laugh about how babies heads are always so unpriportioned with their bodies think if your body never caught up how big it would be as an adult. Cohen has a big head too but I love it it makes me want to pinch his chubby little cheeks

Heather said...

He is such a handsome little guy!! I love his head! Yay on the crawling!! Good job buddy :) Bet your on the move even more!

Lindsey Harman said...

What a pleasant surprise to hear from you!! You are beautiful! It was fun to read about you and your family! Thanks for saying hello! So good to hear from you! Until next time...