CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ragnar Relay


This picture says it all.
Last weekend Garrett, myself and 10 of his closest friends ran the Wasatch back. I ran this same race last year with a wonderful team from my ward and I thought it would be fun to do it again ( last year I was 6 mo. pregnant with Gavin).
With how fickle the weather has been this year I thought we may actually get some cooler weather than expected. Boy was I wrong, as we watched the weather the week of Ragnar we were told it was to hit the high 90's or even triple digits possibly. Oh man I hate the heat and I knew I was in for a battle. This did not stop us from attending the race at all.
For those of you who have not heard of this race or haven't done it let me tell you it is a BLAST!!! Its a lot of stinky friends crammed into a suburban for over 24 hrs. with no sleep, little food, crazy conversations, lots of sore muscles, and even more memories!!!!
I got to know all of the guys much better and I was so impressed with how easy they made everything look. I loved the friendly competitiveness of the race and the comradery every one had for each other. Its a great experience and we are already signed up for an ultra team plus a team of 12 next year. We obviously are not quick learners, or we just enjoy torturing ourselves.


This guy bolted out of the exchange practically sprinting, we were a little bit behind him and thought he must be Superman or some invincible creature to keep a pace like he started out with. Needless to say our runner passed him less than 2 miles down the road and Superman looked like he was ready to kill over. The lack of clothing didn't seem to help him run any faster or longer, but it sure gave our van a good laugh!!! Than you Speedo man!

1 comments:

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Ash,
I am so impressed. It sounds like you had so much fun. I am pretty sure you told me you were the only girl! That is awesome. I wish that I enjoyed running to want to do something like that. We still need to get together even though swimming lessons are over. Talk to you next week.