CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHERS DAY BABE!!!!

Garrett giving Kenedy her first bath in 2005

I just wanted to give a shout out to my greatest friend Garrett. Garrett became a daddy almost three years ago to our first child Kenedy and I can honestly say he is a natural!!
Garrett has always loved children and they have loved him in return. I feel like we have been parents for far longer than a tiny 3 years because that is all we do and know at this point in our lives.
He is the greatest example and teacher to both of our kids and to myself. He is the least selfish person I know and any chance he gets he is always asking if there is someone who needs our help. Whether it be babysitting their kids while they go out on a date, or moving someone into a new house, or just inviting someone over for dinner, he is always thinking of others.
Also, for those of you who know Garrett he is the total OPTIMIST. He believes everything will work out for the best. No matter the situation he is confident that if you simply rely on the Lord and live righteously that things will work out. I am trying to take a little of his positive attitude and apply it more so to all of "my" situations.
We love you babe and want you to know that we are so grateful to have you in our lives.
I was so excited to surprise Garrett this weekend for Father's Day. I had been researching this awesome watch. I know that sounds lame and it will still probably sound lame to many of you even after I describe it. This watch is a advanced running watch with GPS, heart rate monitor, caloric intake, workout schedules etc.. etc.. the list goes on. Well Kenedy and I ordered this watch into REI and went to pick it up last week. I was so excited to pick it up that it was all I could think about all morning. As we were driving home on Thursday Kenedy was in the back seat and she said " Dad we got you a new shirt". At first it didn't register to me that she was blowing our secret. I then snapped around in my seat and told her to keep quiet that our secret was not for daddy's ears just yet. She quickly went quiet and I thought that my sternness had gottenthrough to her and her lips would then stay sealed. Not so fast, as we were getting her out of the car she then continued to say "Daddy, Daddy we got you this really cool new watch" repeating this sentence over and over. Yes, Garrett could not ignore his daughter and now our surprise was blown. I was kind of sad because this was one year I had had big plans for Sunday and in a matter of seconds my whole surprise was ruined. But how could I get mad at this sweet little girl who was just so excited to tell her daddy about this special present we had gotten for him.
Needless to say Garrett started celebrating Father's day a few days early. And I sometimes wonder if Kenedy enjoys the watch more than her dad. They stopped by a running store yesterday and Kenedy was looking at the items inside the glass display case and she pointed to something and told the gentlemen that her daddy has that very same watch. When all is said and done we had a great day admiring Garrett and I hope he felt like a King for the day!!
I hope all you fathers and soon-to-be, and "eventually-to-be" fathers have a wonderful day!!!!

6 comments:

Heath said...

That's a great tribute to your sweet husband. He looks (and sounds) like a great guy. We got our daddy a watch too and narrowly missed the surprise being blown too. I laughed when I read your similar (but more tragic) story. Luckily, Talmage was able to keep our secret...barely!

AJ and Cindy said...

Hi! That was a really sweet post! I think those Maudsley boys are pretty great, someone must have done something right! Love the pic of Garrett holding Kenedy!

Heather said...

What a great little shout out to your hubby! Kids!! That is so cute though, I love how excited they get about things. Glad to hear you guys had a great day :)

Jeff and Diana said...

garrett really is great! you are very lucky ash! love looking at all your pics! lets do dinner again soon!!

The Bonham Family said...

Ash- You do have such a sweet husband! I bet he loved the watch it sounds amazing. Im glad she was able to keep the secret! Hope all is well! love ya

Megan Andersen said...

I think it's great Garrett is an optimistic...I need to be more like that. Ryan & I seem to be "doom & gloom" all the time-but after reading your blog today, I am officially changing my attitude!