CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Racing Nascar Style

Well, Trent and Laura are officially in town so the party can now begin!!!! They flew in on Monday night and we have crammed them full of fun since they arrived. I love my family, we are best friends and we have the most fun when we are all together. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life who love and support us in all that we do.
My family loves Nascar (minus me and Garrett and a few others) so we decided we needed to hit the Miller race way and give the go carts a try. I should have known we were in for sheer entertainment with all these competitive boys but the magnitude was far greater than I could have ever imagined.
You buckle yourself into those fast little carts and you are truly transformed into a little kid again with no fears and a reckless sense of fun. The girls went first and warmed the track up for the true racers. When it was time for the boys they had their game faces on and they meant business. We laughed our guts out watching the hysterics unfold on the track, and the strategies being played out by each driver. I think in the end it was down to Trent and Andy and they fought for every advantage they could gain but Trent was victorious. I totally recommend doing this if you have not yet tried it. On Wednesday's its 5 for $5. Five laps for five dollars, and the track is quite long and windy. We will definitely return to give the go carts another go in the near future when Travis and Tenille can also be there. We missed you guys!!!!!

The boys (Chad, Trent, Andy, Jake, Bo, and Grandpa) patiently waiting their chance to shine.

Grandma Jo and Laura coming around the corner to the finish line.


2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like an absolute BLAST!!!! Your family is a hoot! I am dying to go and try that now it looks so fun! $5 Wednesdays here I come!

The Bonham Family said...

How fun Ash! I've always loved your family and they are a blast to be around! Im glad Trent & Laura got to come visit. I bet you miss them a ton.