CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 24, 2009

And then there were Three...

I awoke on the morning of July 23rd and thought to myself "get your butt out of bed, there is lots to get done today". As I sat up and ran down the list of errands I needed to run I felt as if I had peed my pants. No big deal... shower and get yourself to Costco.
In the back of my mind I was debating whether to tell Garrett that I thought that there may be a possibility that my water may be broken/leaking. So as Garrett was leaving for work I threw it into the air, and he responded immediately with "Go into Dr. Terry first thing this morning and then call me". "No babe, its not my water, besides I have to hit Costco, the grocery store, prepare a meal for Kimra, fold laundry, and have a play date at Grandma Jo's with all of our cousins". I have way too much to do to have my water break.
So off to Costco we went only to receive a follow up phone call from my cute hubby asking me what the Dr. said. " I am at Costco and haven't been in".
As I was loading my vehicle up with groceries and speaking to Garrett my skirt became increasingly wet with each passing minute and I knew I was on my way to have a baby. As we were driving to the hospital I picked up an incoming phone call from Cottonwood hospital confirming my C-section date for Saturday July 25Th. I responded to her with "we are actually on our way to see you right now" and so we began to pre-register over the phone.
Being admitted to have a baby at the new IMC hospital.

My wonderful anesthesiologist Dr. Matthews who made my experience smooth and almost pain free. I would recommend him to ANYONE, and think he deserves a raise for his "Magic Fingers".

My little man giving me loves after Samantha's arrival!!

Sis giving Sam her first bath. Let me just tell you how grateful I am for Kenedy and what a wonderful "Big Helper" she is. She loves this new baby and is so patient and gentle with her. Sam is lucky to have such a great big sister.

The kiddos checking on their new baby sister.
My camera ran out of battery so I will post updated pics. on my next post.
But for now all is well, I feel great, the babe is wonderful and healthy, and we look forward to many new memories with our "NOW" family of Five.



9 comments:

Jaynann said...

Can't wait to see her cute little face! It looks like everything went well and you look happy and beautiful! Such sweet pics with Kenedy and Gav.

Taryn and the boys said...

CONGRATS!!! She looks so sweet. We'll definantly have to see the new little one when we come home for Christmas. Hope you're feeling well. Five is awesome.

lisa said...

Congrats guys! What a sweet baby! Glad you liked the new hospital--it looks so nice!

Alison said...

wow, congrats! your family is beautiful! i'm glad things went so well!

Sherrie Batty said...

Congratulations! I am so glad Samantha was a little patient... Costco would never be the same.

The Christensens said...

First of all, you look way too good in all of those pictures and the one at the hospital before you had her???? What???? Again, not anatomically possible! We're so happy for you guys and can't wait to see more pictures. Wish we were there to meet her in person. Congrats!!! Hugs and kisses to the kids!

Heath said...

HOw are you SO on top of things? I just got back from seeing Tenille at the pool and she said you'd be back from the hospital today! I can't believe you've already posted. Congrats on little Sammy! What a sweetie! Knowing you, I'll be seeing you at the gym in a few weeks...or less. I'm so glad the section went well and you had a good experience this time! YEAH.

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Congrats! She is precious. You are definitely super MOM. I could not believe how awesome you looked in the hospital. Sam is lucky to have such a great family.

Joel and Michelle said...

I can't believe how awesome you looked right before you had your baby - super tiny! She is so precious. I am glad to hear all is well for you.