CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

4TH OF JULY!!!

We spent the 4Th of July up in Farmington with Garrett's family this year and for numerous years I have heard about the Kaysville parade. My brother in-law won't miss it and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. First of all I am not a parade person. They are early, its already hot outside, they no longer throw candy, and the traffic and people make me antsy. (sorry to be so negative). Well this year was different.... this parade didn't start until 11:00 am, it was overcast and the weather was comfortable, we didn't fight too much traffic or people and this parade throws lots of candy and stuffed animals!!!!!!! And to tell you the truth we don't do these things for ourselves we do it for the kiddos and to see them having so much fun makes every second worth it.
Just waiting for the festivities to begin.

Scott and Easton pointing with excitement as he sees and hears the fire engines coming by.

All the cousins sitting patiently on the curb awaiting some yummy treats and great entertainment.

Inching their way closer and closer into the street to get some candy. At one point Kenedy ran out into the middle of the street and was prying a smooshed taffy off the ground. Getting a little desperate I know.

After the parade and some delicious Cafe Rio we headed back to Grandma Sydney's for some water fun with cousins, a nap, some more BBQ food and fireworks. We went over to Davis High School for fireworks and the kids had fun with sparklers, and glow bracelets before the big show. I had awoken Gavin for the fireworks just as they were beginning and he was not happy about that. He snuggled into me and hid his face the whole time. And just when he thought they were over he would lift himself up, and start to clap only to be stampeded by another round of loud bright bangs in the sky. Sorry buddy maybe next year will be a better year for fireworks.





5 comments:

Alison said...

i'm glad to know the water park is fun, my kids are always looking for it on the free way too...you look so cute pregnant, so little...seriously you look great!

Taryn and the boys said...

You always look so cute pregnant! I can't believe how soon she will be here. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Jennifer Phillips said...

K first of all are you even pregnant in this picture??? Holy cow lady you look amazing. I am 3 months along and I am bigger then that hahaha! Also Riverton has a parade at night and they throw out candy but they don't throw out stuffed animals so you got me beat there. Did you like CowaBunga Bay? I want to go there but I wasn't sure how toddler friendly it is.

The Bonham Family said...

Ash- How are you so darling. My family and I were talking about some fun memories of you because we ran into some fun pictures! It made me so sad because we are way overdue for a date! I don't have your number anymore due to going through 3 phones in one month! My number is 801-706-8650. I love your little girls swim suit it is adorable!

Heath said...

You've been REALLY good at blogging lately. I just started back up and went to your blog first thinking that with a baby almost popping out of your little body, that you would have taken a break but NOOOO. I had to take a full 15 minutes to read through all your going-ons. I'm GLAD you have had so much going-ons to keep you side track and focused on your kids' FUN!!! YOu are too cute! See you tmr...hopefully.