CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mr. Clean

Yesterday I was spraying out the car seats and stroller (something I hate doing, but had plenty of time on my hands to do) and Gavin was outside playing while I got started. I turned around to see him dabbling in my bowl of soapy water and I didn't think much of it. He was just clapping the suds between his fingers and flailing his arms. So I went back to spraying... not even 30 seconds later I turn around and this...

**

Playfully dabbling in the bubbly water!

*

*
After drinking the soap and water and wishing there was more.


He had literally drank the bowl of soap, spilling little. I know his eyes look like he was crying but don't be fooled he rubbed his eyes and then continued to look into the bowl hoping more suds would magically appear. I just kind of looked at him and waited for him to start gagging or spitting up due to the soap, and HE DIDN'T!
After realizing that there was no more to drink he continued on his way to the dirt filled with rocks.
Again I waited the evening out expecting a sick tummy or upset child and still NOTHING!!! So this was an eye opener that my little Gavin is tougher than I ever realized and effected by very little and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing?

9 comments:

Panda said...

Hi there!!

Had to say what gorgeous children and also the soapsud story really made me laugh. My 2 year-old Ben can eat a faceful of sand quite happily and I have also found him trying to wash his face in the toilet. I was expecting him to develop some hideous sores - but no - until you put some sun block on him and his skin comes up in blisters!!! Anyway I enjoyed your blog so thank you x

TNTWilliams said...

Seriously-what a stud. He is so cute. I constantly think that kids are going to be sick by what they put in their mouth on a daily basis. Sometimes I look at their hands and about die because of what I see. Also, Kenedy sounds like she had a wonderful day at school. She really is growing up fast. Watch out-all those boys in her class are going to be on her tail. What a cute family you have. We "heart" you!

The Bonham Family said...

He is seriously so cute! What a big boy! Eating all the suds! It's amazing if they can make it as boys with all the things they end up putting in their mouth! I love what a little chunk he is!

Megan Andersen said...

I just want to squeeze him--he is so stinkin' cute! Wow Gavin!! I am impressed by your skillz, I mean drinking soapy water...who can do that & still hold it down?!!!
Cute post Ash.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh that second picture made me laugh sooo hard!! You can totally see the wheels turning in his little head trying to figure out how he can get more of that delicious treat! SOOOOO FUNNY!!!

Taryn and the boys said...

Hey Ash
Your kids are getting so big. We miss you guys and the old old neighborhood, now that we are sweating in texas. Hope all is well.

Heather said...

Too funny!! What is it with kids and EVERYTHING going into the mouth? Seriously! He is such a stud :) Glad to hear he did just fine! Cute little Kenedy on her first day of school, I think that will definitely be much harder on me than my little guy when that time comes!!

Heath said...

Ash-

That is too cute and I'm really relating at this very moment cause I just spent 15 minutes getting foundation out of Lach's hair. Our tub is now a brownish orange! Kenedy is such a sweetie. I can't believe she said all that after her first day of school...it took Talmage almost the whole school year to begin to tell me things! He'd always answer, "Nothin' or I don't know"

Unknown said...

Hey! A bunch of us are getting together tomorrow (the 16th). We are meeting at the Aquarium on 7th East and 106th South at 1:00. You should come if you can!