CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of School


So I know Kenedy is only three, but this morning I could have sworn she was almost eight or nine yrs. old. As she dressed herself (hence the Cinderella sweats) she began to tell me that she needed to pack her backpack and put her shoes on for school.
As we arrived at school she handed off her carpet matt (that she decorated the previous week)to her teacher, and you could definitely tell she was the only girl. Her Matt was decked with sparkles and gems while the other boys had animals and cars, and dice painted on theirs. As we made our way inside she didn't even hesitate leaving my side (SHOCKER) and could barely brake away to say goodbye. I thought that this day would be a little bit harder on her than me, boy was I wrong. So off she went for a day of activities, lesson, and snacks.
As I picked her up and asked her about what she did at school she said:

-- How was your first day at school?

** Good, really cool!

-- Tell me what you learned today.

** I put crayons on a paper and Casey folded it, she ironed the paper and it got smushed, and then we opened it and it was so Lovely!!! We had snack....

-- What did you have for snack?

** I had fruit snacks, along with yummy Oreos.

-- Sounds like you had a great day.

** Yep, mom can we go to school right now again?

I take it this year is going to be a great experience for my precious Kenedy. She has not stopped talking about school and since she has been home she insists on doing absolutely everything herself. I don't know what Casey taught her today but I could swear that she came home at least three years older than her age. It makes me a little sad that she is so grown up. She is still in my mind this little peanut. I guess at some point mom needs to let go and see what blossoms (Easier said than done).

4 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

Oh, Im so glad she did so good! I love that girly side to her! So dang cute! Such a big independent little girl. You go Kennedy.

Jennifer Phillips said...

We missed you today at Murray Park, it sounds like you were busy with Kennedy starting pre school, so we will just have to catch up with you another time.

Megan Andersen said...

I know it's bittersweet huh?! Ava has some sweats similar (tinkerbell instead of cinderella). Gotta love little girls!! I have never heard of the 'mat' thing--I wonder if it is a SL thing, & SG is just not up on it yet?

Alison said...

oh man, that is crazy that she is in school...she looks so cute! livie won't start till next year bc of her october bday. we miss you guys! love gavin eating the soapy water too...nat would do that!