CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fun filled week in review.

Jared Leto and his Magenta Mohawk.


Last weekend we had a great couple of great days before Garrett had to go to Seattle for work.
For those who don't know Garrett, he loves his music and he loves going to concerts. It is something I didn't do a lot until I met him and now I truly love doing this with him. So it's fun to surprise him with tickets, or it is an easy date to plan when you have a band that is coming to concert and you know he will absolutely love it. This time, he surprised me with tickets to see "30 seconds to Mars". They were playing at the Rail and it was a new venue for us. We were lucky enough to get Natalie to babysit our liter of kiddos while we pretended for a night we were young and hip (we don't pretend so well). We were well out of our league. But we didn't care in the least. We had a FABULOUS time giggling and singing.
I don't know if Jared Leto was feeling under the weather or just friendly but I must say it was BY FAR the most interactive concert I have ever been to. He crowd surfed while singing, walked throughout the crowd in another song, stopped singing simply to chat with us, and had people constantly on stage with him. It was so much fun!!!!! They may not be the best band live, but they sure know how to put on a show, for a small venue.
Thanks babe!!

Rewind to earlier that day.... The Famous Easter Eggstravaganza at the Williams. My kiddos were able to replenish their depleted candy supply and ride horses with cousins and friends. Not to mention ALL the YUMMY food. For those little ones who could not fend for them self in the egg hunt they got to enjoy an egg bath. So simple and yet they loved hanging out in the egg bucket after the eggs had been emptied of their treasures.

Gavin was so impressed with his stash of treats.


Who knew buckets could entertain and babysit all at the same time.

BRILLIANT!!!!
These two little kiddos kept my bed cozy and warm while dad was away.

These two have such a special friendship. Gavin is always looking after her. It has been so much fun to witness.

2 comments:

Amazed said...

Thanks for coming to the party.

And I didn't know Garrett was/is a concert junkie. Have you guys ever been to Kid Theodore? I know two of the band members and they've fronted for Snow Patrol and others.

Megan Andersen said...

Oh, I would have LOVED to have met Jared Leto...I had the BIGGEST crush on him when he played on My So Called Life!!!