CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easily Attached

Last week as I was getting ready to send my two kiddos to their Aunt and Uncle's house while I headed to St. George to watch some friends compete in the Iron Man I picked up a new travel toothbrush for Kenedy and gavin. Mainly because it came with a travel toothpaste and I didn't want to send the big tube.
I also
feel that you can never have too many toothbrushes (Often I find them in the tub and it has become the latest paint brush). Therefore I like to have a few extra on hand. As we returned from the store
Gavin immediately asked for his new toothbrush and refused to let it go. He slept with it that night, and took it along with him all day. And as I have been told this yellow and blue toothbrush became his little sidekick all weekend. Who knew? Such a simple thing could become the latest "MUST HAVE AT ALL TIMES" item.

When I returned home from St. George and began unpacking the bags Gavin unzipped the compartment and gathered up all the toothbrushes he had packed. I think he had 9 or 10 total. He wanted to use them all on his teeth. I can at least say its not too bad of a habit to love toothbrushes as long as he will put them to good cleaning use on that darling smile of his. (Which he does). I am continually surprised at the things my children find interesting.

While Kenedy and Gavin were in Logan with Kirk and Mel, Sam and I headed down to St.George for a weekend of cheering.
Garrett and I enjoy triathalons and we find ourselves watching the Kona Ironman on Sunday afternoons on channel 5-2. It seems to always be the same year that they replay over and over and by the end of it I am crying. I know lame right? but its true, I see these incredible people of all ages attempting to push their bodies to the limit. They have trained, they are old and young, big and small. For some it is their first attempt, and others they are well into their double digits of finishing ironmans (one lady in particular was in her 70's and the only one in her age group). There isn't a particular stereotype just sheer drive and dedication. It has always been something we have talked about doing, but is still just talk. We are hard pressed to find the time and complete drive (just yet) to commit. But this year is St. George first year of holding a Kona qualifying Iron man. So Sam and I were the cheering squad for those who didn't just talk the talk they walked it and they signed up and trained faithfully for this moment and it was INCREDIBLE!!!
Just like you see on TV. Just as emotional, I think I cried for more strangers than I care to admit. For those who ran through the finish line with tears running down their faces, with family by their side, for those who finished in pain and some who decided they could no longer continue. it was such a blast and I loved cheering friends and family on. Congratulations to all those who completed it, you are amazing.
We came home feeling the bug and wondering if it could be possible.
we will have to see....

1 comments:

laura kate said...

I don't cry at movies but the ironman gets me everytime too. One of these years it will be me watching, cheering and crying for you. My relief society secretary completed her first as well...so inspiring!