CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Artist In My Life

*
Kenedy received an art easel from Santa for Christmas and we were so excited for her to have a little bit more formal of a space to work with. She likes it and every now and then she wants to paint or draw, but with this whole gift our little Gavin has been showing us his artistic side (I posses zero artistic ability whatsoever) he is at the easel every day trying to get into the paints or chalk, basically anything he can get his hands on . I thought he would just punch and scribble if I gave him some crayons and it would last for a few seconds. Come to find out this will entertain him for almost an hour. Especially if we put the paper on the floor. He will get down nice and low and concentrate on what he is doing. He knows which colors he wants and has a particular item in mind. So while I was fixing some dinner I threw out a sheet of paper and let him get down to business, needless to say he is still hard at work and I am thrilled that we may have an artist in the family.

8 comments:

Heath said...

What a sweetheart! That'll be neat if he ends up being this really amazing artist and the ability showed up at the ripe ol' age of 1!

Jeff and Diana said...

that is so cute ash. bentley doesnt even sit and do that and she is almost three. lucky.
what a smarty pants!

andy'n'jess said...

Oh he is sooo cute, we just love him.

Alison said...

look at him go!! i seriously doubt natalie would last very long coloring, but i am gonna try the paper on the floor!

The Bonham Family said...

I love when they will sit and color forever! Take adavange of it cause it's so good for them! I hope you are feeling well in this pregnancy. Let me know If I can do anything for you. love J

Clark Family said...

Ashley your fam is sooo cute. I found your blog and I just can't believe how time has just swept away. I hope all is well.

Megan Andersen said...

I will display it in my house! What a sweet doll!!

Welch TLC said...

Ashley, How are you doing? It looks like the holidays were SO FUN and wonderful. Your children are so beautiful and fun to watch grow. I got a kick out of watching Gavin during our last visit. He is stud, so happy and adventurous. I hope all is well in your life. Please give the Peanuts big hugs and Garret our love.
Laura