CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love Harmons!!!


I always knew I loved Harmons, and I used to drive out of the way to go to one. Until recently we had one open up less than a mile from home. I look forward to shopping there, I know it may be a little pricier but the selection is awesome, the store is clean, and the people are more than friendly. Anytime I am curious about a new item they automatically open/cut open the item so I may sample it before possibly buying it. (and even when I don't buy the product they are always just happy to assist).

Earlier this week I was doing a (HUGE) grocery shopping trip with my two kiddos before we picked Garrett up from work and I thought I could squeeze it all into one hour.

We started off well, Gavin climbed into the front of a car cart and Kenedy sat in the front to help me. We stormed the isles and made it to check-out with about 15 min. to spare. As we were heading out to the exit of the store Kenedy was along side the cart and I was a little bit ahead of her urging her to hurry. I didn't see that she had picked up a delicate glass ornament from the floral section and was running at my heels to show me. As I turned around she tripped (nothing new for us) and fell right on top of the ornament and it shattered. I didn't really know what to do, I was in a hurry, Gavin was securely in the seat of the cart with a load full of groceries... so I ran over to Kenedy and picked her up. She seemed totally fine and I thought we escaped with no injury.
A cute lady from the floral department rushed over to see if all was OK. I told her we could head back to the check out station and pay for the ornament, and she quickly replied "no problem, don't worry about it." She then asked: "Are you bleeding anywhere"? At that moment we looked at her fingers and saw blood. That is when the tears came, at the sight of her own blood. So gently carried Kenedy over to her work station cleaned her finger, gave her a band aid (just her size) and then proceeded to give her a purple flower from a near bouquet. Kenedy being the decisive child that she is quickly pointed to the Large pink one in the corner and said she wanted that one.
We left a few minutes later with a happy child holding a lump of flowers a bandaged finger that was already feeling much better and a baby boy still strapped in his seat at the front of the store entrance not even fazed by our absence.
Harmons has a customer for life. This experience made me feel that they care more for my child than the silly product that they just lost $8 on. They made her wound disappear and gave her a bundle of flowers to make her (heart) feel all better.


Thank you Harmons!!!!

0 comments: