CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

SPRING EGGSTRAVAGANZA


We had the opportunity this weekend to attend the Famous "Williams" Egg hunt. I know what you are thinking (Easter was a while ago) but this hunt was a little delayed due to some busy spring schedules and fun traveling that came about. Needless to say this event could not be canceled, just postponed momentarily. I'll call it...

"THE SPRING EGGTRAVAGANZA".
I have never seen anything like this egg hunt. Let me tell you, so much time, preparation, sweat, late nights, and love go into this event and it always has a spectacular turn out.
This year there was over 1800 eggs hidden all around the yard. (This picture shows less than half of all eggs that were filled and then put out).

The kids anxiously awaited instructions, until the little ones could no longer wait. (literally). I am speaking of my child, I started chatting with my sister and I had already told Kenedy numerous times that she is not to pick up the eggs until told otherwise, and I turn around a few minutes later to see little Kenedy trotting up the hill with a basket plump full of colorful eggs. As she walked up to me with a huge smile on her face she said "mom, I found lots of sparkly eggs".
All the other children that were waiting patiently started to point and get upset that they had been so obedient and yet there was someone getting a head start of the egg hunt (Sorry, kids).
As the hunt officially started the kids filled their baskets full of all sizes and colors of eggs. Long after their baskets were filled and they were exhausted of searching there were still eggs to be had. Shortly after the hunt we had some delicious grub, and emptied our eggs of candy.

Then it was time for the horse rides with Palamino and Pokey (the horses). They were such good sports to entertain a bunch of rambunctious children running around hollering for a turn to make their lap around the arena. At times if the horses were not available Kenedy seriously considered taking one of the cows for a ride.
By now you would think the night has been a complete success and there isn't much more we could possibly accomplish in one night... but no, Marilynn had a bunch of Fish pinatas full of even more candy for the kids to break open.


Marilyn helping Kenedy get a good wind-up for hitting the Fish.

Pandemonium erupts as the Fish in broken and the kids dive to the ground to retrieve more candy.

For the little Tikes there was Bull riding for anyone up to the challenge.
Great job Gavi
n!!!!
We had such a blast at this annual event and I truly recognize how blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends. I wanted to thank Marilyn and her family and friends for putting on a fantastic party!!! We appreciate all your hard work.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
My children always remember this egg hunt and look forward to the upcoming year of excitement.

1 comments:

Amazed said...

Wasn't it fun??!!!!! I'm already planning the menu for next year! And figuring out a pinata mallet that won't fly apart! Love you guys!