CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Joys, Fears, Goals, Current Obsessions, and Random Facts


Joys

I find myself enjoying the most simple moments: I love seeing the smile on my children's sleepy faces when they wake up in the morning and want to snuggle in bed with mom and dad with a "warm hot chocolate" aka- chocolate milk.
Watching the love my two kiddos have for each other and the way they make each other so happy. Much more so than I can. Kenedy can do no wrong when it comes to Gavin. She can tackle him and sit on him and he giggles and giggles. They love the attention from one another. (note, she is only 4lbs. heavier than my 8 mo. old).

I absolutely find joy in training for something. Such as a triathlon, marathon, or just getting out for a good hard run in the crisp air. I am much more diligent if I have something to look forward to.
I love dark chocolate, a good book and a cozy blanket. That makes me HAPPY!!! It is kind of rare that I get the chance to soak up a good book and maybe that is why I find that much more enjoyable!!!
I love spending time with Garrett. It doesn't have to be a date or an outing, and sometimes it occurs when we are brushing our teeth and getting ready for bed we try to catch up on how each other is doing. I cherish those special moments.

Fears
1. I don't know if I fear too many things, I feel that the things I find myself fearing are completely out of my control. I wouldn't call this a fear but worry.
I worry about my children. Are they happy and healthy? What more can I do to be a better mom, are their needs being met. Those are they things I worry about.

2, I fear snakes, doesn't matter how small or big. I was almost bitten my a rattle snake at Lake Powell when I was young during a rain storm. I couldn't quite get over it. My dad and some other dads went after the snake and after they killed him they fried him up and ate him. "Tastes like chicken" is what I was told.
3. I fear trying something new if I am not really good at it. Most the time I will not try it at all unless I am by myself the first few times or with Garrett. I think I am worried everybody is going to laugh at how funny or uncoordinated I look, or they think to themselves " why on earth is she doing this she is awful at it".

Goals

1. To train and complete an Iron man in the next two (maybe 3)years.
2. Learn to play tennis (better).
3. Finish the Book of Mormon this year.
4. to relax and not sweat the small stuff.
5. to get completely ready 6 days a week (sounds silly I know, but I don't always get ready).
6. to compliment the ones I love constantly and let them know how much I love them.

Current Obsessions

1. Pomegranate and dark chocolate ice cream (from Smiths)
2. Taking pictures of absolutely everything
3. making and trying new yummy recipes.
4. Finding new activities or sports to try for the first time.

Random Facts About Me
1. I can't stand the feel of socks next to my bare feet.
2. I can't run on a treadmill unless I have a good book to occupy me
3. I hate taking baths, I am a shower girl all the way
4. I love scary movies but hate them the moment I am done watching them.
5. I love children's clothing I think it is so cute and sometimes wish they would make it in my size.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Hi! It's your cousins Cindy and AJ. after seeing you guys today at Grandpa's party I was curious if you guys had a blog so I googled your names :) sorry if that sounds stalkerish. Glad to find you though! We have one too:) I love blogging itis a great way to keep updated on family's lives that we don't very much. Check ours out sometime!
http://maudsleyfamily.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

It was so good to see you the other day!! You guys are just too cute :) Love that little tank of a boy of yours. We really need to get together more often like we talked about, so let's do it! I love your fun pics, you are the cutest Mommy!

Heather said...

By the way - I loved reading this about you!!

Jaynann said...

I am so glad you did this! I love reading about you. I have been wondering if you are going to train for a triathlon sometime soon. You need to do it soon because you rock.

You have no fear! I remember the first time we went biking together. It was your first time on a road bike and you were flying on the downhill with a smile on your face. And you know how I feel about you trying new things. You are good at everything you do.

I am now inspired to get ready every day. I wonder how long it will last.

hmmm...is this post too long?