CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

There is a FIRST for everything!!!!!

*
I wish I could say that this "First" was an exciting one, but it was exactly the opposite. We started off this morning with a yummy breakfast of "chocolate oatmeal"/malt-o-meal and a play date with our friend Sloan. These two girls play incredibly well together and I have little worries when they are together.
They were dolled up as Hannah Montana and Belle and were furiously taking their "Bolt's" dog for a walk. So I was not concerned when they disappeared upstairs for a while and sat down to listen to conference. About 15 min. later I walked upstairs to change the laundry and check in on the girls. That is when I poked my head into the bathroom and found the two of them sporting numerous baby bows and headbands. As I stepped a little further in I noticed some scissors and lots of fine blond hair. Followed by some dark strands.

I instinctively scoured the bathroom for the barbie doll that just got a bob hairdo and found no sign of her As I slowly became aware of what had actually occurred and started to peel off the head bands and bows, I found that Kenedy was the one who went from a bob haircut to a pixie.

I truly thought to myself I have safely made it past the point in her life where there is constant worry in the cutting of one's hair. She is almost four years old and she knew very well there are only a select few aloud to hold scissors to her hair (Mom not included).

As I frantically call Garrett to quickly vent before I freaked out, he simply said
" It happens to everyone, just take a picture".
So as a mother am I just overreacting? I thought I handled the situation very well, but those people I spoke to just shortly after this tragedy just laughed and brushed it off as if to say "GET OVER IT".

So as Heather had said on her blog a while back: as her child was throwing up all over himself she took a picture and promised that you will later laugh at it. So that is what I did.

And I am still not laughing.... Nope, not yet.... Ask me in a few weeks or months when we are in the throws of growing out her newly cropped bangs and hating every second of it. We Maudsley's have no hair as is, and it takes FOREVER to grow. Not to mention Easter is next week and I sort of wanted a picture of the whole family. Guess that won't be happening either.

You can't tell in this picture the total damage but I promise if I were to turn her sideways you would see the blunt cut and missing chunks along with her stylish bangs . Maybe Aunt Mel can fix it tonight? So until then... Breathe.
TO BE CONTINUED.

6 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

I remember when my we were little and my sister chopped off her bangs. We laugh at the pictures now. I waited until I was married to try and take sissors to my own hair. We had just moved to Vegas and Sam was out of town for the weekend. It was so awful!! So maybe now is better than later. Plus it makes me feel a little bit better about not having a girl. One less worry to put on my list.

laura kate said...

Oh Ashley(Garett), way to have good perpective. If anyone could rock the pixie party hair, it's the superly cute Kenedy. I say keep the Easter picts. coming the more documentation the better for her in years to come :).

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I think that I would freak out too. Good thing Kenedy will actually let you do her hair and maybe you can cover it up. The joys of girls, to bad you can't just give her a buzz!

The Bonham Family said...

Oh, Ash! Im the same way! Garrett is so calm and collective what a cute hubby to say grab the camera! Im sure her hair will all come back, if not there is always starting at the salons earlier! Extensions!!! ha ha jk! My 3rd grade picture I decided to cute bangs and Wow!~ I still love to look at that picture and laugh!

Jennifer Phillips said...

That is so funny. My sisters little girl, also named Kennedy cut her hair last summer into a she mullet!! It was really hard to try and fix. My sister was thankful that we didn't have to shave it, but we definately laughed really hard about how awesome she looked.

Heath said...

You will be glad you took that picture:) Suprisingly this has never happened to me yet...knock on wood. Luckily, she is such a pixie herself that bangs with her little "do" will look so charming.