CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who doesen't Love ice cream for FHE?


So my cute husband planned Family home evening while I got to go for a quick run, and it concluded with a visit to one of my favorite places... Harmon's for some ice cream (Kenedy insisted on Lemon and the whole way there I was almost praying that they had Lemon ice cream because there was no changing her mind). As we walked in and are eyes began to get wide with excitement I realized it wasn't ice cream at all but Gelato. YUMM!!! It is creamier and tastier than any ice cream out there. Yikes I am definitely in trouble because for anyone who knows me knows ice cream is my #1 weakness. Now I have been introduced to Gelato and I can get it right down the street from my home. I told Garrett this summer may be trouble, I will be stopping by daily for a quick cup of my favorite gelato.
Anyway thank goodness they had lemon and it was incredibly refreshing. She insisted on having it in a cone and the cone was HUMONGOUS!! By far the biggest size they had and Kenedy had to have it. As we sat down at the little cafe I couldn't help but reflect on how blessed I am. I have two wonderful kiddos in their Jammie's eating ice cream, an awesome husband who I can not get enough of. And who knew such a simple activity as getting ice cream could bring us all such JOY!!!!! I love my family and it was such a simple family home evening but it was the highlight of my day. Thanks guys!!!

4 comments:

andy'n'jess said...

Oh they are so cute! I love Gelato too, when we went to Tampa last year there was this little shop inside my hotel that sold it. Don't worry I'd get one for lunch then go back after dinner and get another one...it's so yummy!
Love you guys!

Jeff and Diana said...

you made me want to go out and get ice cream at harmons right now!
i have a weakness for it too.
but its ok... when your prego you can do what ever you want and not feel bad! right?

laura kate said...

yummy...the kids and gelato. We've been missing our FHE buddies looks like we it was a good one. p.s. super cute blog it was fun getting caught up.

Heath said...

Aaawwww, that is too sweet. I too, have those little reflections over simple things. What sweet children. I'm an ice cream fanatic too and found a Gelato place downtown that is to DIE for...luckily it's downtown and I don't go there often.