CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Parenting 101



Kenedy recently received a fish for her 3rd birthday and ever since that day I have heard my parenting skills through her voice, to her fish.
Each morning she wakes up and comes running downstairs to see how her fish (Gloakly) slept.

- "Good morning Gloakly how was your sleep"?
- We can't have a warm hot chocolate until we eat our breakfast".
-" What did I tell you? Are your listening ears on"?
- "Hey buddy you doing OK"?

All these things I say to her are now being thrown in my face from my own child (even the intonations of the words). It has been so much fun to see her care for this little fish and how often she thinks about Gloakly, and his well being. Who would have thought such a simple gift for a child would allow her to take responsibility and care for something other than her own self. As she does this I realize how grown up she is and what a wonderful and thoughtful child I have.
She is definitely a better care taker of fish than Garrett or myself, we have accidentally killed 3 within two days of her birthday. We just don't have the touch I guess. I would recommend a fish as a pet for any child, they love to feel independent and responsible of things and it is a cheap and clean way to have a pet.




7 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

Ash- That just gave me such a good idea to give Caden a fish! Well see how it goes! He might mimic me and have some crazy things to say! It was so nice to talk to you today! Lets just plan on dinner Friday night with or without kids you decide! Im easy!

Heather said...

SO cute! I'm sure I will be hearing myself through Kyler soon enough!! What a great idea for a pet!

Unknown said...

I love your kids pictures! I saw Natalie the other night, and she said that you were really impressed with your photographers. Can you give me their information? I need to get Jace's 3 year pictures pretty soon. Thanks!

Michelle said...

So cute! It is so cute and funny when they repeat things that you say!

TNTWilliams said...

What a good idea! I can only imagine what my kids would say...scary! Thanks for your help this weekend. We love you guys!

Megan Andersen said...

I think that is so cute--now she is the little mom now! If I got Ava a fish the only words out of her mouth would be "No-No-No". Cuz that is all she ever hears from me!!

Alison said...

that's a great idea! i will have to remember that one for livie's bday