CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bottle...Baby Food... Cookie?


When I was pregnant with Samantha I wanted nothing more than to be able to nurse her successfully (Without pain, lack of milk, or any other problem that may occur when trying to breastfeed your baby). I remember vividly the moment I met my Precious Sam and as I looked at her face she was sucking, and smacking those lips of hers. I immediately responded "Oh no"! I know, how sad is that.

I was nervous and scared for the pain and frustration that came along with nursing your baby. But I knew I was going to give it my all, and not expect miracles.

Well, needless to say Samantha was a natural and took right to it with no problems. YEAH!!! This is exactly what I had prayed for.
Now six months later she is still/only nursing. I try solid foods and juice in a bottle but she will have no such thing. ABSOLUTELY Not!!!! Just the sight of either sends her into a fit.
So this week Garrett was out of town and she was constantly grabbing for whatever I was eating. As I was eating a cookie she grabbed it and immediately brought it to her mouth.

and this is what I discovered...


A Giddy Sam sucking the bee-jee-bees out of a chocolate cookie.

Duh mom, what is not to love?
So up to this point Samantha solely nurses with a side snack of a cookie, sucker, or pudding. I know I shouldn't be giving her these things but I sometimes cant resist and it is a start to some sort of solid food and not so dependant of Mom. I love you Samantha and you are my precious Angel who knows what she wants.


4 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

I'm so happy that this go around has been so successful for you...third time is definitely a charm!

Jer & Cort Smith said...

I would not have believed it if I didn't see it myself and she is very picky and is funny that she won't even try. I have disappeared from the blogging world so I don't know how long you have had your new pictures up but I love them. What a cute family!

An average mom named rachel said...

oh my gosh. I haven't seen you guys for forever! Or your blog for awhile! And 1) I LOVE the photography. 2) Sam is getting so big and she is adorable. 3) I can relate to the baby having a hard time adapting to anything else but mom's milk ;) 4) The baptism story cracked me up. Kennady is so cute. Hope all is well!

An average mom named rachel said...

i just realized i spelled Kenedy wrong. My bad. Your way is much cuter. :)